01 Feb My Favorite Skincare Products Part 3
In Part 3, I will be discussing my favorite supplements, facial scrubs, body lotions, and hand sanitizers.
- Nutrafol-Hair loss is a multi-factorial issue that affects about 45% of women and 66% of men after the age of 35. Nutrafol is unique in that it targets most of the causes of hair loss. It has a natural DHT inhibitor, acting in the place of Propecia, which blocks the hormone responsible for male and female pattern hair loss, the type of hair loss that occurs with aging. Nutrafol also has a natural form of Minoxidil (Rogaine), that helps prolong the growth phase of hair and improve hair thickness. It also contains Ashwagandha, which is proven in clinical trials to decrease stress and inflammation, known triggers for hair loss. Finally, it also targets any nutritional deficiencies that can cause hair loss. The recommended dose is 4 pills a day (which sounds a lot), but the capsules go down very easily and do not upset your stomach unlike other hair loss supplement brands.
- Heliocare-protecting your skin from the inside out, this oral supplement helps protect your skin from burning. Heliocare contains extracts from Polypodium leucotomos (PL), a fern found in the wilds of Central and South America. Once an aquatic plant, this fern adapted to terrestrial life and evolved to protect itself from the harsh effects of free radicals. In numerous clinical studies, PL extract has been shown to reduce the damaging effects of UV radiation. Taken once a day, I recommend this to my sun worshippers, Accutane patients, as well as patients with melasma, who need increased protection from the sun. Remember, this is not meant to replace sunscreen. You still need to apply sunscreen every day!
- GliSODin Skin Nutrients-this anti-aging supplement helps protect the skin from oxidative stress by promoting the creation of the enzyme Superoxide dismutase (SOD), a strong antioxidant that decreases free radicals in the body. GliSODin contains cantaloupe melon extract which is rich in SOD. Clinical trials have shown superior results in skin wrinkling, hyperpigmentation, and skin moisture with the use of GliSODin combined with a retinol vs retinol alone. The recommended dose is 3 capsules a day.
- iS Clinical Tri-active Exfoliant-this incredible product instantly smooths and polishes your skin after just one use. It contains powerful plant enzymes such as papaya and pineapple that gently dissolve dead skin cells. It also has salicylic acid, a known anti-inflammatory ingredient which not only exfoliates the skin and deep cleans pores, but also kills acne-causing bacteria. This exfoliant also has eco-friendly microbeads which, together with cellulose, provides gentle mechanical exfoliation without irritating your skin. Finally, the Copper PCA in the formulation helps control sebum production and decreases the results of visible skin aging.
- Eminence Organics Strawberry Rhubarb Dermofoliant-Strawberries are not only delicious and contain antioxidants, but they also contain acne-busting salicylic acid. This gentle scrub harnesses the power of strawberries with the vitamin C-rich rhubarb, the exfoliant action of lactic acid, and the gentle buffing action of rice, chickpea, and oat flour. It also has Heilmoor clay, which is rich in organic and inorganic compounds that can penetrate the skin. Gentle enough to be used every day, usually mixed with your cleanser of choice.
- Zerafite Ultra-Rich Body Cream– The name Zerafite is derived from xerophyte, a species of plant that has adapted to survive in an environment with little to no water. This luxurious body cream is specially formulated for rough and dry skin. It replenishes lost skin lipids, strengthens the skin’s barrier, and seals in moisture & prevents dehydration. It contains the incredible multi-lamellar emulsion (MLE) Technology which combines ceramides, fatty acids and cholesterol in the same maltese cross formation as the skin’s natural barrier. Paraben-free and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Eucerin Eczema Relief Body Crème-I love this gentle and non-greasy body cream. With anti-inflammatory colloidal oatmeal, hydrating ceramides, and Licochalcone (an anti-irritant from the licorice plant), this rich cream is clinically proven to relieve and soothe dry, itchy eczema-prone skin. Plus, it is free of fragrances, steroids, dyes, and parabens!
- Dr. Bronner’s Organic Hand Sanitizer-This is my all-time favorite hand sanitizer! I have one in every travel bag, purse, and car. It contains organic ethyl alcohol, water, organic lavender oil, and organic glycerin. The soothing lavender scent makes it perfect as a room spray or deodorizer as well. It does not dry out your hands! One thing though, is that I wish it came in a larger container. It only comes in 2 oz bottles.
- GCP Pre-Procedure Cleanser-When performing cosmetic injections, aseptic techniques are paramount, as bacteria can grow on injected filler. It can cause biofilm formation which has been shown to adversely affect patient outcomes. We use this cleanser before any cosmetic procedure to keep the procedure safe. Contains aloe and colloidal silver to keep you clean without drying out your skin.
What about you? What are your favorite products? Send me a message or a comment below.
Lots of love,