22 Jan My Favorite Skincare Products Part 2
In Part Two, I will be discussing the best eye creams, retinol, retinol alternatives, oils, face wipes, and treatment products.
- Jan Marini Luminate Eye Gel-this eye cream truly brightens skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines, crepey skin, and undereye wrinkles. Powered by retinol and chrysin, a potent chemical that helps prevent melanin formation, increases collagen formation, and prevents collagen degradation. It also contains anti-inflammatory linoleic acid and deeply hydrating ceramides.
- Neocutis Lumiere Biorestorative Eye Cream-this luxurious eye cream is made with the patented Processed Skin Protein Technology developed by Swiss scientists to help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains caffeine to decrease skin puffiness, hyaluronic acid, and bisabolol, a strong anti-inflammatory agent.
- Sheaterra Argan and Green Coffee Eye Serum-another favorite of my patients, this 100% natural product does wonders to the under-eye area. Hydrate and protect with Argan oil that is rich in squalene, vitamins, and fatty acids, as well as the antioxidants found Green Coffee Bean. Your eyes will thank you in the morning.
RETINOL: a form of Vitamin A, retinol is a mainstay in cosmetic dermatology. It boosts collagen, lightens pigmented spots, smooths fine lines, helps unclog your pores, and prevents your collagen from being degraded. To get your skin used to retinol, apply your moisturizer first, then apply a pea sized amount to the desired area. Start every third night for two weeks, then every other night for two weeks, and finally, every night as tolerated. When you have been using this for quite some time, you may apply the retinol before your moisturizer. I do this titration with my patients to help prevent any skin irritation that might make them not use it.
- PCA Intensive Clarity Treatment-this product contains 0.5% retinol, acne-busting 2% salicylic acid, and Bakuchiol, an antiaging ingredient that has been shown in studies to have retinol-like properties. I like this formulation because it goes on your skin smoothly and is readily absorbed.
- La Roche Posay Redermic R with Retinol-this lightweight, non-greasy formulation contains pure retinol. It also has retinol boosters Retinyl Linoleate + Adenosine which enhances retinol efficacy and absorption while reducing skin discomfort. It is paraben free and suited for sensitive skin.
- Essopi Retinol-available in 3 different strengths of retinol (2x, 5x, and 10x), this retinol serum contains hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin, preventing the dryness and irritation seen with other retinol products. It also has green tea polyphenols that guard against free radical damage. This product encourages increased cell turnover, revealing soft, supple skin.
- DefenAge 8-in-1 Bioserum-this incredible product contains Defensins, chemical messengers that activate the stem cells in our skin to heal at times of injury or inflammation. They also act as antibacterial agents and promote wound healing and cell proliferation. DefenAge have been shown to improve pigmented spots, fine lines and wrinkles, pore size, redness, and overall hydration of the skin. It contains niacinamide, an antiaging ingredient known to brighten and even skin tone as well as improve wrinkles.
- Sente Dermal Repair-formulated with Heparan Sulfate Analog technology, this product uses potent skin regenerative molecules to reverse skin aging. This has been shown to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in as early as two weeks. This elegant formulation glides on to skin smoothly and is readily absorbed.
- PAORR Oil-made with 100% organic Moroccan argan oil, this formulation is safe to use on the face, hair, and body. Argan oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. I usually add this at the end of the night time regimen for my rosacea patients. Also perfect as a smoothing oil for dry and damaged hair.
- Dermarose Transformation Oil-this amazing multi-use transformation oil is a blend of nourishing oils containing Omega-6, 7, and 9 fatty acids extracted from safflower, argan, amaranth, olive, macadamia, avocado, coconut, monoi, rosehip, sunflower, flaxseed and grape seed oil. These oils have been shown to protect the skin from free radicals, deeply hydrate the skin, and help boost the skin’s protective barrier. Also great for shaving, hair, cuticles, massages, and as a bath oil.
- Yes to Cucumbers Face Wipes-these are my absolute favorite. I use them right after working out to my face, neck and chest and also perfect for when you’re traveling and you just want to freshen up without all the hassle. It didn’t become a Winner of the Allure Best in Beauty and Nylon Best Face Wipes for nothing. It is 95% Natural, Oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and made with compostable, FSC certified fabric. It is also SLS & Paraben Free. With active ingredients such as soothing aloe, cleansing cucumber, and antioxidant-rich green tea, your face will definitely say Yes! after you use it!
- BabyFoot Peel-This foot care product reveals smooth, baby-soft skin after only one use. It is designed to remove hardened skin, calluses, and dead skin from your feet using fruit enzymes that specifically target the desmosomes that hold each layer of your skin together. The package comes with a pair of booties, which you keep on your feet for about an hour. Your feet start to peel in about 2-7 days. The peeling process may take up to 2 weeks, depending on the amount of dead skin cells. I know it may sound gross but this entire process is actually strangely satisfying!
- Dermadoctor KP Duty-About 50% of the population complain of Keratosis pilaris, AKA “chicken skin”, a skin condition characterized by rough, itchy, sometimes scaly bumps on the buttocks, thighs, and arms. As someone who is part of that unfortunate 50%, I can honestly say that this is a frustrating and difficult disease to diagnose and treat. I went to so many dermatologists and we have tried so many different treatments including retinoids (Vitamin A), azelaic acid, urea, sulfur washes, among other things and nothing worked! Until I found KP Duty. I believe in it so much that I even recommend it to my patients. This scrub contains a mixture of different acids and physical exfoliants as well as green tea and willow bark extract.
In Part 3, I will be discussing supplements, hand sanitizers, and so much more!
Lots of love,